Loaded LAFTAS 2012: Tim Vine Wins Funniest Joke Award
Thursday, February 9th, 2012 at
12:35 pm , filed under
Comedian Tim Vine has grasped the funniest joke award for the year at the Loaded Laftas comedy awards at London’s Cuckoo Club. The joke that won the honor was: “Conjunctivitis.com – that’s a site for sore eyes.
Gavin & Stacey star Rob Brydon and Jack Whitehall Channel 4 comedy Fresh Meat were also among the awards winners at this afternoon’s 2012 Loaded LAFTAS. Hosted by Greg Burns, and there were also gongs for 8 Out Of 10 Cats stars Jon Richardson and Jimmy Carr, and Shooting Stars duo Vic Reeves and Bob Mortimer.
Check out the Loaded LAFTAS 2012 full winners list below:
- Winner: Jon Richardson
- Nominees: Al Murray, Jimmy Carr, Lee Evans, Leigh Francis
- Winner: Alan Carr
- Nominees: Jason Manford, Kevin Bridges, Micky Flanagan, Russell Kane
- Winner: Andi Osho
- Nominees: Isy Suttie, Katy Brand, Morgana Robinson, Sarah Millican
Funniest Double Act:
- Winner: Vic & Bob
- Nominees: Anna Crilly and Katy Wix, Dick and Dom, Mitchell and Webb, The Chuckle Brothers
Best Panel Show:
- Winner: Celebrity Juice
- Nominees: 8 out of 10 Cats, Ask Rhod Gilbert, Shooting Stars, Would I Lie to You
Funniest TV Show:
- Winner: Fresh Meat
- Nominees: Chatty Man, Facejacker, Outnumbered, Phone Shop
- Winner: The Inbetweeners
- Nominees: Bridesmaids, Johnny English, Paul, The Hangover Part II
- Winner: Gordon Smart
- Nominees: Caitlin Moran, Grace Dent, Frankie Boyle
Funniest TV Personality:
- Winner: Lee Nelson
- Nominees: Angelos Epithemiou, David Hasselhoff, Ian Beale, Jedward
- Winner: Dom Joly
- Nominees: Jimmy Carr, Matt Lucas, Richard Bacon, Stephen Merchant
- Winner: Jimmy Carr: Being Funny
- Nominees: Angelos Epithemiou & Friends Live, Jason Manford Live 2011, John Bishop Live – Sunshine Tour, Tim Minchin and The Heritage Orchestra – Live at The Royal Albert Hall
- Winner: Pappy’s Flatshare Slamdown
- Nominees: Dom Joly’s Celebrity Comedy Podcasts, The Danny Baker Show, The Dave Gorman Podcast, The Ricky Gervais Podcast
Funniest Radio Show:
- Winner: Danny Wallace, Xfm
- Nominees: Christian O’Connell, Absolute Radio, Dave Berry, Capital FM, Hawksbee and Jacobs, Talk Sport, Shaun Keaveny, 6 Music Breakfast Show
Best Internet Viral Show:
- Winner: Misery Bear
- Nominees: Alan Partridge, Harry Hill, The Fast Show, Vic & Bob
- Winner: Pat Monahan
- Nominees: Doc Brown, Frisky & Mannish, Josh Widdicombe, Roisin Conaty
- Winner: Tim Vine: “Conjunctivitus.com – that’s a site for sore eyes.”
Jimmy Carr. “I know a couple who get on like a house on fire. They both feel trapped and are slowly suffocating to death.”
Matt Kirshen: “I was playing chess with my friend and he said, ‘Let’s make this interesting’. So we stopped playing chess.”
Paul Daniels: “I said to a fella ‘Is there a B&Q in Henley?’ He said ‘No, there’s an H, an E, an N an L and a Y’.”
Sarah Millican: “My mother told me, you don’t have to put anything in your mouth you don’t want to. Then she made me eat broccoli, which felt like double standards.”
Tags: Fresh Meat, Loaded LAFTAS 2012, Loaded LAFTAS 2012 at London's Cuckoo Club, Rob Brydon, Tim Vine Wins at 2012 Loaded LAFTAS, Tim Vine Wins Funniest Joke Award
You may also like
Katy Perry is about to play a role ...
The 21-year-old "Come and Get It" singer who ...
The 21-year-old former Disney star, Miley Cyrus has ...
The married couple was photographed together for the ...
From the headbangers who scored the trophy for Best Metal Performance to the jabber jaw who talked his ...
The year’s best independent film making have announced the nominees for the 2014 Spirit Awards.
This year “12 Years ...