Forbes Top 10 Highest Paid Celebrities 2012: TV mogul Oprah Winfrey has trumpeted directors Michael Bay and Steven Spielberg to be named the world’s highest paid celebrity in Hollywood, after earning a whopping $ 165 million in the past year – Forbes says..
Oprah Winfrey is the TV host, who is ranked first on this year’s list of the highest-paid celebrities although her OWN show network suffered below par ratings and multi-million dollar losses. Winfrey is expected to cash in $165m between May 2011 – May 2012, thanks to her Harpo productions that twisted popular shows like “Dr. Phil”, “Rachael Ray” and “The Dr. Oz Show”.
Bay falls short of ruling the list and settles at number 2 place with $160 million, some of which he got from his new blockbuster “Transformers: Dark of the Moon”. The third spot is reached by director Steven Spielberg, and he is believed to have earned $130 million in the past 12 months during the two super-duper released and Oscar-nominated movies “War Horse” and “The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn”.
Check out the Forbes Top 10 Highest Paid Celebrities 2012 list as follows:
• TV personality Oprah Winfrey – $165 million
• Movie director Michael Bay – $160 million
• Movie director Steven Spielberg – $130 million
• Movie director Jerry Bruckheimer – $115 million
• Rapper and producer Dr. Dre – $110 million
• Actor and producer Tyler Perry – $105 million
• Radio and TV personality Howard Stern – $95 million
• Author James Patterson – $94 million
• Movie producer George Lucas – $90 million
• Music producer and TV personality Simon Cowell – $90 million
Tags: Forbes Highest-Paid Celebrities 2012, Michael Bay, Oprah Winfrey, Oprah Winfrey Highest-Paid Celebrities List 2012, Oprah Winfrey OWN Show, Oprah Winfrey Rules On Forbes, Simon Cowell, Steven Spielberg, Tyler Perry