Oscars 2013: The 85th Annual Academy Awards key dates have been officially revealed by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences on Tuesday, Sept. 18, 2012 and the awards presentation will be held at the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood & Highland Center on February 24, 2013 by the ABC Television Network.
With the statement, it was unveiled that the Oscar 2012 nominations would be unveiled on January 10, 2013, five days prior than formerly scheduled. The new schedule will put Oscar nominations announcement ahead of the Golden Globe Awards, which is set to air live on January 13, 2012.
Earlier, the Oscar 2012 nominees were always unveiled after the Globes held its prize-giving ceremony. Academy COO Ric Robertson gushed that, the Wrap that the decision was taken to give both voters and viewers more time to make out the 40 or 50 nominated films.
Robertson dished: “Over the last couple of months, we have talked a lot about the pros and cons of extending the window between the nominations announcement and the show. The key is that we’re trying to give our members, and the public, as much time as possible to see the nominated films.”
Check out the Key Dates for the 85th Academy Awards (Oscars 2013) as follows:
• Friday, November 30, 2012: Official Screen Credits due
• Saturday, December 1, 2012: Governors Awards presentation
• Monday, December 17, 2012: Nominations voting begins
• Thursday, January 3, 2013: Nominations voting ends 5 P.M. PT
• Thursday, January 10, 2013: Nominations announced 5:30 A.M. PT, Academy’s Samuel Goldwyn Theater
• Monday, February 4, 2013: Nominees Luncheon
• Friday, February 8, 2013: Final voting begins
• Saturday, February 9, 2013: Scientific and Technical Awards presentation
• Tuesday, February 19, 2013: Final voting ends 5 P.M. PT
• Sunday, February 24, 2013: 85th Academy Awards presentation
Tags: Academy COO Ric Robertson, Oscars 2013, Oscars 2013 at the Dolby Theatre, Oscars 2013 Key Dates, Oscars 2013 Nominations, The 85th Annual Academy Awards, The 85th Annual Academy Awards Nominations